- The Night Circus, this ranks first because this is my new favorite book! I loved this enchanting novel!
- How to Eat a Cupcake, a light novel that will cause cupcake cravings, a perfectly delicious beach read.
- The Language of Trees, interesting and well written, a nice off the beaten path novel.
- Saving CeeCee Honeycutt, a Southern coming of age delight,
- The Housekeeper and the Professor, for the serious literary fan, a smart and fascinating take on the “what ifs” of short term memory.
Wednesday, May 9, 2012
The sun is shining, the sky is powder blue and we are getting ready to leave on our vacation; it is time to gather up those beach read books!
Below is a list of some of my favorite reads from this year, books that I feel will make great beach reads. Of course, I want to hear your suggestions as well. What books will you take on your vacation this summer?
In order my summer reading suggestions include:
My to-read beach list (I’ve been saving these in a special vacation pile):
The Peachkeeper, The Language of Flowers, A Discovery of Witches. I’ve also chosen two mysteries-- Kill Me if you Can by James Patterson and 9 Dragons by Michael Connelly.
Ahhh, for me there is nothing better than sand sun and a great beach read….yeah summer!